cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX270 HS Panorama Feature?

modene1
Apprentice

Folks, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this camera - mainly due to the battery needs charging fault.

One question I'd like to ask however is: Does it have some kind of panorama feature? My old (12yrs old) canon had a kind of camera preparation for stitching facility.

I can't find anything like that on this camera...

Do I have to manufacture (unassisted) my own pics to later stitch?

Ugh.

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

smack53
Mentor

The newer models of The PowerShot cameras do not have the Stitch Assist feature. Unlike some of the other camera manufacturers, the stitching was done with a software that Canon supplied with the camera, and not in the camera. I missed it at first too, since my G12 and SX150 cameras don't have panorama features. However, with a little practice, and a tripod, you can shoot the scene with as many shots as you like and use a software such as Photo Shop Elements to create the panorama with even better results. I don't think Canon has the stitching software anymore, so unless you have an older copy, you may be out of luck getting an updated copy.

Steve M.

Thanks for the response. FYI the software is still on the CD they provide, but it's stitching is much like what mine would be if I were making a shawl. 🙂
Announcements