cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX260HS Screen goes blank seconds after turning on. Still takes pictures.

pjdemmitt
Contributor

My SX 260's screen briefly flashes on and then goes off immediately. It still takes pictures just fine, but I can't preview them or change settings. It worked fine through most of a recent trip to China, where it was constantly hot and humid. When I came home I figured that moisture had gotten into it and put it in the oven for two days and every few hours I would turn the oven on the lowest setting, (200) and when it was reading about 175, I turned the oven off and repeated this every 4-5 hours. When I then turned it on, the screen stayed on for about 20 minutes. I haven't put it in the oven since and now it just turns on briefly.

So the camera itself works as does the LCD screen. I did do what someone recommended for the dark screen problem and took the front and the back off and cleaned the LCD ribbon cable contacts. It didn't really do anything; the camera still exhibits the same problem as before, so I didn't do any harm.

I like this camera and would like to get it working again. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this, I would really appreciate it.

~Paul

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi Pjdemmitt, I'm sorry to hear of the difficulty this has caused. Based on your description, your camera will require service to correct this issue. I regret the difficulty this causes. I recommend that you get in touch with our Technical Support Team for assistance. For contact options, please go to this site: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements