cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX 700

mhamrick56
Apprentice

WHILE TRYING TO DETECT MY CAMERA IT DOES NOTHING WHEN I HOOK UP THE USB CORD ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mhamrick56,

Are you connecting the camera to a USB port on the front or on the back of the computer?

When you make the connection, power the camera on in the playback mode, then listen closely.  Do you hear a beep or sound on your computer?

Are there any devices connected to your computer other than the camera, aside from a keyboard and mouse of course?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

John_
Authority

Are you using the USB cord that came with the camera ? Some USB cords are buitl, wired just for charging and not for data transfer

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Hi mhamrick56!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

running win 8.1   64 bit .

mhamrick56,

Are you connecting the camera to a USB port on the front or on the back of the computer?

When you make the connection, power the camera on in the playback mode, then listen closely.  Do you hear a beep or sound on your computer?

Are there any devices connected to your computer other than the camera, aside from a keyboard and mouse of course?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

John_
Authority

Are you using the USB cord that came with the camera ? Some USB cords are buitl, wired just for charging and not for data transfer

John , I got it working it was a software issue . The camera works it just does not work like my sd 870 is did .  Thanks, MIKE

Does anyone know if the old canon 3.1 software will work with this camera ?  Thanks

Your welcome Mike. Youn can try running that software in compatability mode with Windows 8.1.

Announcements