cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX 60 Successor? Or has Canon finally given up?

Grazie
Rising Star

Hello Bridgettes,

Have you seen that new SONY "Bridge" camera?

Here's the thing: It's a "Bridge Camera". It's a Point and Shoot and has features that Canon most be wetting themselves over AND IT IS still a Bridge camera, for the entry level and the Pro user needing that grab-it and run option. Oh yeah, it's also a stills camera - but also does 4k video. Oh, did I say it has 3 Rings?

Come on Canon, please give us a successor! Smiley Sad I can hold on only for so long.

Don't make me beg? Oh alright - I'm begging yah!

8 REPLIES 8

ScottyP
Authority

What model is this miraculous Sony?  What aperture?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Hi Scott, sure. I didn’t say it was miraculous?  But what it does do is to put down a marker and a challenge to ALL camera manufacturers that this is the type of format and feature-rich camera that is going to be the marker for all to come.

[Removed 3rd party link per Forum Community Guidelines]

Please Canon, I’ve got a Trek at the end of the year and I want to continue to buy Canon.

Grazie

Apologies for making a link to a third party. I’ve learnt.

Can I say what camera it is?

Grazie

Yes what camera is it? Man Frustrated

Sony RX10 Mk4

Thank you Im gonna look now!

Oh boy what an impressive camera!  I watched the video from the B&H site unreal performance 🙂  Frontline technology, absolutely impressive stills at what was it? 24 FPS? Slow motion....I should have downloaded the user manual I will do that after this. Hefty price tag though and in a far distant field than any of the Powershots none of them come close but neither does the cost. It is way above my pay grade! lol I am so stubborn though I've gotten so use to the LCD's that Canon makes that swing out, swivel 180 degrees I don't think I could do without that otherwise I might save up for this Sony and at some point they will have refurbs, lower prices and I would begin another interesting learning curve 🙂 If Canon came out with a similar camera and price tag it would be the same process...wait for the price drop! I've said before I'm holding out now for the SX100HS...we shall see!

Thank you for sharing that info!

@John_wrote:

Oh boy what an impressive camera!

Sure is, sure is.

Mr Canon, I need an update to my SX50? Although there are some much asked for features present in the SX60, it's clicking selector is just plain wrong. I have other cons for it, but these are well discussed.

Mr Canon I need it by mid 2018. I'm going on another Safari and want my Canon glass on an updated SX. The concept is neat and petite and has that almighty REeeeach. Don't make me also stretch for a SONY? I have all Canon cameras: XM2s, XF300, SX110 and my SX50. I have ALL the Canon accessories including filters and filter ring etc etc . . .

Give us a sign - please! Smiley Frustrated

Announcements