cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX 510 not connecting to Macbook pro

vikramts
Apprentice

Hi All

I am struggling to transfer photos from my SX 510 to my new MacBook pro (purchased in May 2015). I installed the CameraWindow software on my laptop twice to set up the interface. No luck 😞 The camera displays "Communication error when I turn it on. Also , when I open the software on my laptop, it does not recognize the camera.

Is it better to just use a card reader and plyug in the microSD card I have been using ?

Also, why doesn't Photos (on the new Mac) not recognize when a camera has been connected?

Very frustrating 😞

3 REPLIES 3

Crista
Whiz

Hi vikramts!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using. That way, community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team.

Thanks!

My new Macbook pro has OSX Yosemite, if that helps.

vikramts,

A Communication Error means an excessive amount of images (approx. 1,000) on the memory card prevented printing or image transfer to the computer.  To transfer the images, use a commercially available USB card reader.  To print, insert the memory card directly into the printer card slot.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements