cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX 50 Neck strap interference

samintx
Enthusiast

I just got my SX50 setup and much to my consternation the neck strap interfers with the LCD screen when it is open. Is this a problem for anyone else? can it be overcome? I doubt it. Really didn't think about it when I bought the camera and now I have to live with it I guess. Picky picky picky I guess.

6 REPLIES 6

smack53
Mentor

I had a similar experience with the neck strap for my PowerShot G12 so I purchased a wrist strap, except that the wide one I bought interferes with the menu button! I hear your pain! I'm still trying to find a better solution too.

Steve M.

I have some things from Amz I'm going to try and I'll post what I'm getting and how I like the items. So keep watch...I'll be back!

strap.png

I have been trying many angles for my SX50. I don't want the neck strap. I think I'm going to settle on this answer for the time being. I must say, why when mfg are inventing camera straps, harnesses they don't allow for the small camera body hookups? You have to put key rings on the camera to accomodate the straps. Warning: on the SX50 I found it could not use the key rings I had put on other cameras. I had to steal smaller, thinner ones from my key drawer. The diameter of the ring has to be no larger than 1/2" or it won't lay right. (for me anyway).

I have the crossbody on my SX510 but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it on. It just doesn't seem to work right for me. I like the crossbody but the straps for the camera don't work for me(the also need rings).

Purchased on Amz. Let me know if you have a better idea. I'm always open to suggestions.

What about a neck strap that attaches via the tripod mount ? Like this one from Opteka and there are others.

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-Mounted-Digital-Fujifilm-Panasonic/dp/B00JLJL9WO/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qi...

Good deal! I missed that one. Thanks for including that. I'll check that out closer. Thanks for that tip!

Pacsafe sling.pngI discovered this cut proof Sling from PacSafe. They must have redesigned their camera straps. It attaches to the underside of the camera, any camera with a tripod screw hole. From the reviews I can find it is reviewed well with the exception it has to hang on the LEFT side which takes some learning from Righthanded people! Cost I have found between 49.00 to 30.00.

Announcements