cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX 50 Burst Mode Problems

bedada
Apprentice

I have had the SX 50 for about six months.  After a month it the burst mode stopped working.  I have used the sx 10-40 for the last five years and never had problems.  I often take 5-10 pictures in the continuous mode so I can capture every moment.  The SX 50 would take one picture, then pause for about three seconds before it would be ready to take another.  I called tech support for Canon and they told me to do a camera reset.  It worked for a few weeks.  I have to do it almost everytime I use the camera and last time I had to do it three times in one day.  I use an SD card that writes at 80mb second and 250mb second. 

Anyone know how to fix this problem?  I can get the SX 60, but afraid the same thing will happen.

Thanks,

Tony

4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

Do you have another card or just 1?

Also with DSLR's this kind of complaint usually turns out to be because High ISO noise reduction is set to ON or long exposure noise reduction is ON.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I have used several cards and it has the same problem.  There is not a high iso noise reduction or long exposure noise reduction on this camera.

Anyone have any thoughts or should I just throw it away and buy the new model?

Not saying it's your problem but it could be. Check the bottom of page 118 in the owner's manual.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

I see that the ISO noise reduction is not available when shooting in RAW or RAW + JPEG. Are you shooting in RAW or RAW +JPEG? Burst modes really drop off quickly when using RAW since the files are so large. I would try in JPEG only if that's the case to see if you get any improvement.

Steve M.

Announcements