cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD750 - no autoplay in Windows 7

paul1149
Apprentice

Hi,

I have an SD750 which is great. The automatic import function was working fine on Win7 until yesterday. Nothing changed on either end, but it stopped working. I have downloaded the new ImageBrowser, but that did nothing. I have also tweaked Windows' Autoplay settings to no avail. I reformatted the SD card. Canon lists no drivers available for the camera. So I'm out of ideas. Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

jfo
Rising Star
Rising Star

Welcome paul1149!

With infinite things that could have happened to your computer, this is quite a mystery.  Could Windows have automatically installed updates overnight that changed something?  Maybe the cable went bad?  Some systematic troubleshooting would be to try your camera on another computer. 

Thanks. It's definitely my Windows installation breaking down. Autoplay is not working for usb sticks now also.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Paul1149,

This sounds like the driver for your camera is corrupted.  You should be able to resolve this by removing, then reinstalling the driver.

With your camera connected and turned on in the playback mode:

1-  Right-Click on "Computer" (in the menu) and choose "Properties".

2-  In the upper left-hand corner, click on the "Device Manager" link.

3-  Once in Device Manager, find the "Portable Devices" group and click on the "+" sign in front of it.

4-  If you see your PowerShot camera listed, right-click on it and choose "Uninstall" and allow the "uninstall" to proceed.

5-  Now turn the camera off. Wait a few seconds and then turn your camera on.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Richard. I appreciate your input, and I learned something from it. But in this case the computer has lost its autoplay capability. If it gets worse I may have to refresh the install.

BW,

p.

Announcements