Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

SD1200 IS camera not recognized

I use two Canon cameras in a Windows 10 environment: myPowerShot 520 HS works fine, but my computer stopped recognizing my SD1200 IS camera today.

When I connect the SD1200 camera and turn it on, the camera displays a "Communication Failure". The computer displays nothing.

When I connect the 520 and turn it on (same cable, same port), the computer recognizes that a camera is connected and allows me to upload my photographs.

I have reinstalled and updated my drivers, but the problem continues. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
VIP

Re: SD1200 IS camera not recognized

Try a different USB port.  One of the USB ports on my laptop has recently decided that it does not like one of my cameras.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: SD1200 IS camera not recognized

I have the same problem.  I downloaded and installed the software just given to me (Oct. 7, 2020) and tried everything I could think of including rebooting, changing usb input, and searching for new device. Nothing works so far.  Cheers, Don.