cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD memory card is stuck in card slot, cannot remove from power shot SX 530 HS camera.

daviespssx530hs
Apprentice

3 REPLIES 3

ScottyP
Authority

How long have you had the camera?  The card?

You are pushing it in first, and then it does not come loose like it is supposed to?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

John_
Authority

Thats a tough one the SD card slot is usually part of the whole battery box assembly so it's not likely if you took the camera apart you'd have more access to it or a better veiw.

Most likely you'd have to replace the battery box assembly if you force it out with a pair of small tipped forceps or pliers...you could get lucky and just damage the card.

Perhaps the lock button is hanging up the card inside.

I think if it were me Id use a very fine tipped pliers and try and grab and wiggle it loose and or perhaps slide something thin into the slot along side the SD card hoping to release it. Thin like a small piece of plastic or thin metal very thin.

Thanks for the info, will keep this in mind in the future. Since i first posted the question i kept pushing it down and releasing and finally after 3 tries of pushing down with my finger nail and sliding the nail off the card to let it spring up quickly it popped out almost hitting me in the face. What a relief, i did not put that card back in but bought a new one to use exclusively in the camera. After reading all the info for sd cards i formatted it in the camera. Should be no issue's with card going forward. One little tidbit i read on the packaging of new SD card it says it would be a good idea to replace it ever 2 yrs. due to use and wear. Again thanks for replying.      

Announcements