cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD 750 new memory card

bartaholic
Contributor

Hello All

I have a power shot SD 750 and it might be few years old but its a trusted camera and i love to use it

just recently i ran out of space on the 2gb memory card and had to purchase a bigger one ( 8gb)

my quesation is how do i transfer all the pictures from the old memory stick to new one, i have few seperate folders made in the DCIM folder on the old memory stick that were created with the camera > id like to have all the old pictur4es with me

i do not hava a car reader and woudl prefer not to buy one . so far i have copied all the folders from the memory card to my desktop and tried pasting it back to the new card but it woudl not let me do it

any suggestions would be appreciated , thanks

10 REPLIES 10

bartaholic
Contributor

any help at all would be great, ill buy a card reader if I have to

Mykolas
Authority

Hi bartaholic!

Thank you for asking about this.  You mentioned that your computer would not allow you to transfer the images and folders back to the new SD card.

1. Did you receive some sort of error message?
  2. What operating system is on your computer?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

hello and thanks for answering

Im operating windowns 7

the only ero message i get is "the device has either stopped responding or has been diconnected. The camera may not support copying files from your computer"

than i get an option to

stop copying,

skip file

or
cancel

I really would like to keep all the pictures and have access to them on the bigger memory card

markwilliams279
Contributor

Might be your files are infected, just scan them with a good antivirus. rename the folders save that folders on a new locations and then transfer the photos to new memory card.

markwilliams279

why would the filesw be infected? and how? they were on the camera all this time. but just in case i had them scanned and all are clear

i tried to rename one file jus to test it out still no luck, same problem

Mykolas
Authority

bartaholic,

1. When you receive the error message, does it look like your camera has gone to sleep?
  2. Are you transferring the images directly to the camera in Windows Explorer or are you using the Canon software to do this?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Mike

i can not tell if the camera has gone to sleep, however little green LED to the right of the screen is on, but the lcd display is off

im transfering the images via windows explorer, i can not find the CD that came with this camera

Bartaholic,

The most simplest way to get the images back onto the memory card is to use an actual USB card reader.  You would insert the card and copy of paste the old images onto the new card.  In terms is simplicity, this is the absolute best option. 

If this is a time sensitive matter, please feel free to Contact Us

If I do that using card reader can I copy pictures directly from desktop or do I need dual card reader and copy card to card ?
Announcements