cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S110 Flash Stuck in Out Position

earm1511
Contributor

I have just turned off my Power Shot S110 and the flash is stuck in the out position. I have turned the camera on and off and tried to take the battery out to no avail. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Earm1511,

For assistance with this, please contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please excuse my late reply, I have been traveling.  I contacted Canon on 10.21.13 and they asked me to remove battery, memory card and hold on/off button for (1) minute. Then I was instructed to replace battery, memory card and turn camera back on (some sort of reboot, I guess.) This did not correct the problem.  Next step is to send my camera back to Canon for repair. I guess it's lucky my camera is only 6 mos. new, so no cost except shipping to me. 

montrosepatriot
Apprentice

I have the same issue - tried the reset method and it still does the same (the S110 which im field testing is a hand me down from a relative)

earm1511
Contributor

This happened to me a while back. I ended up calling Canon and sending it to them for repair. My camera was under warranty at the time. Hasn't happened since!

Announcements