cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting the Resolution

D-
Apprentice

I need to use photos that are at least 1600 pixels on the longest side. How do I change the resolution on my new Power Shot SX500 IS camera?   My dimensions are 480 x 480. I need at least 500.

2 REPLIES 2

cicopo
Elite

This is much easier to do on your computer using editing programs. 2 very popular FREE programs you can download are Picasa & Faststone Image Viewer.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

It sounds like you've got the camera set to record images in 1:1 "Small" mode (which provides a resolution of 480 x 480).

Using 4:3 "Medium 2" mode will give you 1600x1200 but the camera will do much more than that if you want.

You mentioned it needs to be "at least 1600" on the longest side.  Does that mean whoever you are sending these two would prefer them to be even larger?

See the list of modes here:  http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx500_is#Specifica...

Scroll down to the section titled "Image Storage" and it will list all the aspect ratios and sizes... along with their respective resolutions.

See pages 67 & 68 of your "Camera Users Guide" for instructions.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements