cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote shooting on G7X Mark II

katie_louisev
Apprentice

Hi all,

I just got the canon G7X Mark II and would like to connect it to my phone to use the remote shooting feature. I've set the app up and its all connected but when I try and click on the remote shooting option it comes up with the message 'cannot use this function with the current settings on this camera for images viewable via connection'. 

It's probably a really obvious fix but I'm pretty new to this so any help would be appreciated 🙂

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Katie_louisev,

Thank you for posting.

When using the remote shooting mode, please set your camera to one of the camera's "Creative" modes: "P", "Tv", "Av", "M" or "C".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem and setting it to any of those recommended modes did not solve it....

Any other advice?

@Neurad1 wrote:

I have the same problem and setting it to any of those recommended modes did not solve it....

Any other advice?

Are you shooting RAW or JPG?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I have the same issue.  I have tried Av mode alongside both RAW+JPG and JPG only with the same result.

To be honest the error message comes up so rapidly that it suggests the app is not actually querying the camera each time (compared to how slowly the app responds in other situations).

I have to say, this is a chronically badly written error message.

What shooting mode are you using?  Here is a link to the latest software.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca... 

Make sure the camera and phone are on the same network.  Many phones have a habit of continuously reconnecting the phone provider’s network.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements