Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wi-Fi connection turns off after 10 seconds

Brucedva
Apprentice

Hi All

Windows 7 64bit SP1 Canon sx280hs

My problem is when I try to connect to my computer, the camera shuts off after about 10 seconds. The camera shows up in devices and printers, and when I try to connect, it briefly shows up in device manager under portable devices and then disappears.

The camera window program opens briefly, and then I get the message the camera has been disconnected. the software will now close.

I have installed the latest firmware update for the camera, and it shows up in my actiontec router.I can even ping it successfully through the router during the 10 second window it is connected. I can connect my camera to my ipad without any problems.

I have reviewed my firewall and network settings, and everything seems to be in order, unless I am missing something obvious.

Network discovery, UPnP, file and print sharing, etc. have all been enabled.

Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Bruce

3 REPLIES 3

Brucedva
Apprentice

If anyone is having this problem, it turned out to be Norton 360. As soon as I changed my home network from shared to full trust, the camera connected with out problems.

Bruce

Thank you, Bruce. That was solution

Setting Norton's firewall so my home network has Full Trust fixed the problem for me too. Thanks! 🙂

Announcements