cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Elf SD200

DenS
Apprentice

I discovered this forum while researching the T5, which I ended up buying on the Canon Refurb site,

I have to tell you this is indeed a very knowledgeable and helpful forum.  I need help.

I entered the Elf digital camera arena from the AE1 film era due to the big transition.  The Elf

cameras that I have had included the all metal models S230, S410. and my last and favorite -

the SD200.  Please bear with me on this if you will.  I made the mistake of letting someone,

I now do not trust, handle my SD200 and ended up with a cracked LCD screen.  Unwanted thumb print.

Lesson learned.  The hard way.  I bought the T5 and expect to enjoy it in the future. But I already miss

my Elf and have doubt that I can find an authentic OEM Canon LCD screen.  Am I wrong?  

My question is this: what was the last model Elf made out of metal?  In this day and age it prolly sounds

willy wierd, but for a pocket shooter, I don't need too much more  than the SD200. It's fantastic.  Anybody care

to help me out, please?  Thanks in advance...  Den

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply and input.  Yes, I have researched the screen replacements

and used cameras on ebay and amazon.  I finally came to the conclusion that I would

not trust either for a long life.  So that led me to various reviews on the discontinued

Canon 140 IS point & shoot.  It was said to be a metal cased unit.  They are selling

NOS 140's at a reasonable price on the 'net.  That  is the choice that I have made for

a replacement pocket camera.  I hope it was a correct one.  Thanks again.....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

smack53
Mentor

The ELPH SD200 was indeed a nice rugged camera. Finding an LCD screen for that may be rather difficult, since the model has been out of production, and may cost a bit. Have you considered a used one at all? There are some on auction sites that are going for about $75.00 USD.

Thank you for your reply and input.  Yes, I have researched the screen replacements

and used cameras on ebay and amazon.  I finally came to the conclusion that I would

not trust either for a long life.  So that led me to various reviews on the discontinued

Canon 140 IS point & shoot.  It was said to be a metal cased unit.  They are selling

NOS 140's at a reasonable price on the 'net.  That  is the choice that I have made for

a replacement pocket camera.  I hope it was a correct one.  Thanks again.....

The SXXX series also have metal cases. I always by the latest one for my wife S90, S100... when she wears one out.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements