cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random numbers started appearing on lcd screen.

markpacana
Apprentice

I just started seeing random numbers appearing on my LCD Screen;  with that, the pictures also looked unclear.  Has anyone had this happen before?   Are there any fixes?  Thank you very much.  Happy Holidays!!

Mark

6 REPLIES 6

Jessica
Enthusiast

Hi Markpacana!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model Canon PowerShot you're using and what Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x) when you plug the camera in to the computer.  Any error messages or other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

Thanks and have a great day!

Thanks!  I am using the Canon Powershot SX30is; using Windows 8.1. 

This just started happening today; while attempting to take a shot, random numbers started appearing on the camera LCD Screen...

Mykolas
Authority

markpacana,

Can you describe some of the numbers and where they appear on the LCD screen? (ex.  in one of the corners or on the sides)

Do the numbers appear after every image that is taken?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

The numbers appeared on a blue screen, in the center of the cameras' LCD screen. 

Thank you...:)

markpacana,

What you are seeing is the clock display.  If you press and hold the FUNC/SET button, the current time will appear at the center of a colored screen.  If you press the FUNC/SET button again, it will go away.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This wasn't a clock but a continuous series of generating numbers. 

Announcements