cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting "Camera Connect" to work with my Powershot SX60

max7539
Contributor

I was able to get "Camera Window" to work with my Powershot SX60. No problems with the Wifi to my Android device, A Samsung Galaxy S3. However, the camera advised me to upgrade to "Camera Connect". It downloaded and installed, but when I attempt to use this APP, it does not seem to see the Camera. I set the wifi on my phone to connect to the camera. It indicates that it is connected, but when I select the "Camera Connect" APP it displays Camera not Connected to SSID: "SX60HS-738_Canon0B", "Operate the camera to establish a connection. When I press the settings icon on the phone, it recognizes the Name: SAMSUNG-SGH-i747, yet "Camera Window" will connect. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16

Hello, I'm trying to get my Canon Rebel t6 camera to connect via the Canon Connect App, and it is not working. The first time I tried, I was successful and able to access my pictures over wifi on my iPhone. However, I haven't been able to do it since. I tried reinstalling the Canon Connect App and I tried resetting the wifi settings on my camera, as you suggested in this post. Neither solution have worked. My camera is blinking green and successfully connected on the wifi network, but my phone won't recognize that the camera is connected. This is very frustrating. Please help!

@jennygirl219 wrote:

My camera is blinking green and successfully connected on the wifi network, but my phone won't recognize that the camera is connected. This is very frustrating. Please help!

Are you trying to connect the phone to the camera, or to a local Wi-Fi network?

Why don’t you use the phone as the Wi-Fi hotspot, and connect the camera directly to the phone?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

mflossem
Apprentice

I also have a problem with my Canon Connect app.  It has been working for over a year, and then my iPhone storage filled up and wouldn't allow for the WiFi connection.  I deleted some apps, deleted some photos, deleted some messages, all in order to free up space on my phone to let the app run.  The app does NOT EVEN LOAD anymore.  I deleted the app and readded the app.  I still can't get the app to load.  Any suggestions?

Hi Mflossem,

Thanks for posting.

I recommend that you uninstall the Camera Connect app, once again, then reinstall it.  When you uninstall the app this time, please be sure that any saved state has been removed before re-installing.  To do this, double click the home button and swipe the Canon Connect App up and off the screen so that is disappears.

Now, reinstall the Camera Connect app.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried deleting it again and swiping the app off too.  I still am getting what I got yesterday...  When I press the app, sometimes I get nothing, and sometimes it tries to load the screen that says "please allow app to use your photos/location" or whatever it says... it goes too fast for me to read.  I try to push "allow" but the screen disappears too fast.

Hi Mflossem,

Thanks for your reply.

I recommend repeating this process once again, but with a difference: before reinstalling the app, please turn your phone off (not a restart) for about 10 seconds, or so, then restart your phone and re-install the app.

If you continue to encounter difficulty, Canon is aware of this issue and is working on a solution. This solution should be available within a few days.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I called Canon and spoke with a customer service rep.  Yes, they are aware of it.  Even though I deleted it and restarted it several times prior to the call, it didn't work.  After the call, it worked and I am back in business.  Go figure!

Announcements