cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem getting "Camera Connect" to work with my Powershot SX60

max7539
Contributor

I was able to get "Camera Window" to work with my Powershot SX60. No problems with the Wifi to my Android device, A Samsung Galaxy S3. However, the camera advised me to upgrade to "Camera Connect". It downloaded and installed, but when I attempt to use this APP, it does not seem to see the Camera. I set the wifi on my phone to connect to the camera. It indicates that it is connected, but when I select the "Camera Connect" APP it displays Camera not Connected to SSID: "SX60HS-738_Canon0B", "Operate the camera to establish a connection. When I press the settings icon on the phone, it recognizes the Name: SAMSUNG-SGH-i747, yet "Camera Window" will connect. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16

Mykolas
Authority

Hi max7539!

I recommend that you try setting up a new Wi-Fi connection to your phone on your camera from scratch, then see if the new app does not recognize the camera.

After setting this up from scratch, does the Camera Connect app still not see the camera?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Barry56
Apprentice
I had all kinds of trouble I was connected then it wouldn't connect. I went to the menu - wifi reset, put nickname back in, hit wifi button, it appeared on the phone wifi connection. Selected it, went to canon connect. Boom! Purring like a kitten.

I just purchased a sx60. In order to operate it by my smartphone, I downloaded the camera connet on my S3 mini samsung (GT-I19192). In advance I got success to see the camera but everytime I tried to shoot a picture or transfer a picture, the communication down. I tryied another smarthphones, a Sony and a Motorola, both worked very well. I got pictures remotely using those one. The problem is that my smartphone doesn´t work. Do you have any sugestion except to change my cell phone? I would appreciate a lot.

I also have this problem on a newly purchashed Powershot SX60.

It connects fine with my Nook HD+ but will not connect to my new Nexus 5x phone.

The maddening message "operate camera" is the least instructive message I have ever seen in my 30 years of providing technical support.  

Is there some way to escalate this directly to Canon?

Hi Wildcatherder,

Thanks for posting.

For a more complete description of remote shooting, please click here.

For a more complete description of sending images from your camera to an Android smartphone, please click here.

If you still encounter difficulty, please contact our technical support team. For contact options, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Barry56
Apprentice
I would uninstall the Canon Connect app and reinstall it and set it up. I still have to go to the settings on my smartphone occasionally and go to wifi to make sure that the camera wiki is connected. If not I connect it and it will connect to the Canon Connect app but may take 20 seconds or so to do so. I wish you luck!

neddesh
Apprentice

I'm also having issues.  I have an LG G5 handset.  The camera shows: Connecting   Connected device with an 'egg timer' symbol but the phone app Camera Connect says Camera not connected.... what's the deal?

Hi Neddesh,

Thank you for posting.

In some cases, this can happen when you update to the newest version of the Camera Connect app.  To resolve this, I recommend clearing the Wi-Fi settings from your camera (not your phone), then reentering them. Here's how:

To reset the wireless settings on your camera, power your camera on and press the MENU button. Next, navigate to the "Settings" tab (has the wrench and hammer icon), then scroll down to "Wi-Fi Settings" and press the FUNC SET button. On the next screen, choose "Reset Settings" and press the FUNC SET button. On the screen that follows, Choose "OK" and press FUNC SET again.

Yes thank you this has now sorted my issue - I'm now over the moon to be able to use features I couldn't before - this will be a big help to me 🙂

Thank you!

Announcements