cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot

Karengeorge
Apprentice
I have a Powershot 590 camera & am looking at 40SX. Is this a step up or no?
3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

Hi Karen it would be a huge step up !! And since the SX50HS is out the SX40's can be gotten for very good prices. The A490 is a nice point and shoot camera but comparing to the SX40 is like night and day in every category.

The SX40 is a much more powerful camera and surpassed the A490 in every way conceivable. Pick any feature on the A490 and the SX40 is equal or most likely superior. You will not be disappointed with the SX40HS unless you are looking for a limited amount of features, there's lots to learn and explore with the SX line and all its different camera features. And when you just want to shoot the auto mode or the scene modes are available.

If there is something specific your looking for please ask theres way to many things to list here and all point to the SX40 as being far superior.

Terrific! Thanks!! Now to find one!

Yes shop around and find a good deal and when you do and if you can purchase an extended warranty, I use one company for my things I want to protect beyond the 1 year...there are others out there and it's worth the peace of mind. They are good cameras built very well and will last a long time its just insurance though. I've seen enough posts about cameras failing beyond the 1 year and the cost to repair or replace doesnt make sense.

I wish Canon would offer extended warranties with accidental damage protection...perhaps someday they will.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements