cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot sx710 HS no longer functions with Canon Image Transfer Utility

meganraby
Contributor

I had to wipe my hard drive and reinstall applications. After doing so, my Powershot sx710 HS can no longer function with Canon Image Transfer Utility. I get the error:

"Camera Web Link is not set up. Set up Camera Web Link again."

And when I try to log inthrough Image Transfer Utilty to "Add new camera" I get the error:

"Failed to connect to the server."

I've also tried going to https://ihub.image.canon/ but I cannot set up there as I not longer have the camera's serial number––some of the numbers have rubbed off the camera after frequent use. 

Finally, I've tried connecting with a cable, but my computer  (Mac, Mojave 10.14.6) does not recognize it being connected. I have no way of accessing my photos! I can't find any support on Canon's website,https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/myportal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-...just links to the manual. (Literally, there is the text "Contact Support" with no associated link!)  Please help!

10 REPLIES 10

meganraby
Contributor

Btw, is there a Canon technical support email address or chat service? Canon just gave me a satisfaction survey suggesting these exist (but without providing links). I've searched for hours. 

Your camera's main support page.

There's a link on that page which allows you to log in or to create a My Canon Account.  Once you have an account, you can get support that way.

Or, call the appropriate phone number.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

I've tried to get support through the first link you sent, but the serial number on my camera is not completely visible anymore––it has been worn down obscruing a couple numbers. So, without that, they won't respond.

Thanks for the support #s. It is ridiculous how hidden that is. Still no idea if there really is chat or email support?

Tim
Authority

meganraby, 

I understand you are seeking support for your PowerShot SX710 HS.  We no longer have email and chat support available for this product.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you. 

For live, one-on-one support for this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Tim wrote:

meganraby, 

I understand you are seeking support for your PowerShot SX710 HS.  We no longer have online support available for this product.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you. 

For support on this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

Yeah, at a cost of $15.  Canon needs to provide support for the mess they created by making this drastic change haphazardly.

meganraby
Contributor
Canon just lost a customer forever. I've been with this company for cameras and scanners for well over a decade. My $350 camera is only a few years old and they no longer support it!? This technical support is abysmal.

Hi Megan!

We still support your camera, we just don't have chat or email support available. If you set up a My Canon Account you'll still be able to receive support when you call in! 

I have an account, but can't get this camera into it because the serial number is blurred.

meganraby, 

Do you have the receipt or the box that the camera came in?  These will often have the serial numbers listed on them.  Or, if you have taken images with the camera that are on your computer, you can check the EXIF data within of software to retrieve the serial number.  We regret any inconvenience that this may cause you at this time. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements