cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot sx530 hs

Blake001
Apprentice

I've checked other posts on here but they never really answered my question. Im planning on buying a powershot sx530 hs but I dont want to be limited to the 50x. I've seen adapter rings but Im not sure if they include lens or only filters/lens hoods etc. If I get a Kiwifotos LA-58sx50 would I be able to put say a wide angle lens on it or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Blake001 wrote:

I've checked other posts on here but they never really answered my question. Im planning on buying a powershot sx530 hs but I dont want to be limited to the 50x. I've seen adapter rings but Im not sure if they include lens or only filters/lens hoods etc. If I get a Kiwifotos LA-58sx50 would I be able to put say a wide angle lens on it or not?

1)  You are asking questions about a third party product.  Not sure how much help you will get.

2) Lens adapters are generally not a very good idea.  The lens motors are designed to accommodate only so much weight.  Filters are light, so they are okay.  Adaptive lenses can increase the weight load beyond the design limits of the lens motors.  No one can really say what that limit is.  It is probably not a very good idea to try to find out.

3) Lens adapters tend to significantly degrade the image quality.  If you want interchangeable lenses, then invest in an entry level DSLR like the EOS T6, or the compact EOS SL-2.

4)  Filters have thread sizes.  By matching up thread sizes is how you will know if a filter can fit your adapter, or not.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Blake001 wrote:

1)  You are asking questions about a third party product.  Not sure how much help you will get.

2) Lens adapters are generally not a very good idea.  The lens motors are designed to accommodate only so much weight.  Filters are light, so they are okay.  Adaptive lenses can increase the weight load beyond the design limits of the lens motors.  No one can really say what that limit is.  It is probably not a very good idea to try to find out.

3) Lens adapters tend to significantly degrade the image quality.  If you want interchangeable lenses, then invest in an entry level DSLR like the EOS T6, or the compact EOS SL-2.

4)  Filters have thread sizes.  By matching up thread sizes is how you will know if a filter can fit your adapter, or not.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements