cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot sx530 hs

scoobydoox
Contributor

Is there a usb port on the powershot sx530hs? what cable works with it? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The Canon Community moderators will likely remove a link to a non-Canon commercial website, understandably.

Is there a local, independent computer shop in your area? If so, grab your camera and head on over. Tell them that you need a "Mini" USB cable to fit your camera. They will likely have one and will probably let you test fit it in your camera and maybe even let you plug the other end into one of their computers to make sure it works. And they probably won't overcharge you for the cable as well as their assistance.

If that doesn't work for you then head to any big-box electronics store and pick one up there. Though they may not let you plug it in and test it out first.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

On the RH end of the camera (near the handgrip) there should be a small hinged door near the bottom. It opens to reveal the USB and probably an HDMI plug socket. Page 138 of the User Guide shows it in more detail. It appears to use a USB Mini-B cable.

Link to User Guide below if you haven't already downloaded a copy.

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/6/0300017416/02/pssx530hs-cu2-en.pdf

It says av out and hdmi for the two ports located there. Is av out the same thing as the usb cable? 

Well that sounds a little flaky unless the User Guide has got it wrong. It shows the slightly smaller USB mini port at the top and the longer HDMI port at the bottom. HDMI would be the A/V out jack. Does the little door covering the ports maybe have the "three fork" USB logo molded into it? I think that's the way it's marked on my ELPH 350HS, though it is pretty hard to make it out at a glance.

Do you have a mini USB cable that you can compare to the jack on the camera?

If you wish to view your work on an HDMI compliant Screen, then use the HDMI port and set your camera’s output to your country’s Standards either NTSC or PAL. If you wish to transfer DATA, meaning your Photos/Videos Media to be stored, edited then use the USB Port.

This is not complicated:

• Cabled HDMI for viewing.
  • Cabled USB for DATA transfers. 

On the door it says a/v and hdmi below that. Inside is only two ports the hdmi is on the bottom. The top one i compared to a mini usb and its a bigger port.I would of added these pics with the first post if I had realized that I could. Sorry about that. My mini usb is to small for that port. What would be my option to connect it to pc to move files?

IMG_20190625_110444.jpgIMG_20190625_110505.jpg

@scoobydoox wrote:

What would be my option to connect it to pc to move files?

Get the correct mini USB. I got maybe six of them.  Show us a picture of the mini USB you’ve got.

@scoobydoox wrote:

The top one i compared to a mini usb and its a bigger port.I would of added these pics with the first post if I had realized that I could. Sorry about that. My mini usb is to small for that port. What would be my option to connect it to pc to move files?

I suspect that your "mini" USB cable is too small because it's actually a "micro" USB cable. They're commonly found on cell phones and smart phones. It's probably the cable that you use with your ZTE phone. I think you just need to get the proper "mini" USB cable and you'll be good to go.

Ok cool thankyou. Can you link me to a cable that will work? I looked at the one canon shows under accessories when you view the powershot sx530hs on their site and it says sold out but in the description it lists a lot of camera but not powershots that it would work with. 

The Canon Community moderators will likely remove a link to a non-Canon commercial website, understandably.

Is there a local, independent computer shop in your area? If so, grab your camera and head on over. Tell them that you need a "Mini" USB cable to fit your camera. They will likely have one and will probably let you test fit it in your camera and maybe even let you plug the other end into one of their computers to make sure it works. And they probably won't overcharge you for the cable as well as their assistance.

If that doesn't work for you then head to any big-box electronics store and pick one up there. Though they may not let you plug it in and test it out first.

Announcements