cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot a540 HELP

Vicki347
Apprentice

I am getting memory card error and memory card locked message. I have the correct SD(not sdhc) card installed. The format option on the camera is shaded and wont allow me to format in the camera. Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5

GaryS
Enthusiast

Is the card unlocked?

Yes, sir.

smack53
Mentor

There is a possibility that the switch inside the card reader of the camera is stuck in the locked position. Use a flashlight to see if there is any dirt on the side of the card reader where the lock switch on the card is and if there is any dirt, you can use a toothpick to see if you can dislodge the dirt. Don't use any metal objects as this can damage the card reader. Use wood or plastic toothpicks only. Of course I'm assuming the card you are attempting to use is okay. Have you tried another card to see if that one works?

Smack53

Sylvia64321
Apprentice

@Vicki347 wrote:

I am getting memory card error and memory card locked message. I have the correct SD(not sdhc) card installed vidmate. The format option on the camera is shaded and wont allow me to format in the camera. Can anyone help?

I'm also facing the issue, please help me to resolve this issue.

Have tried formatting the card in a desktop or laptop computer? If you can format it there first, try formatting it again in the camera. What capacity is the card labeled as? Does it appear to show that capacity if you check the card's properties in a computer?

Announcements