cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX730 HS unable to connect to MacBook Pro

bluejngrl
Apprentice

I am unable to connect to my Macbook Pro. I have the latest computer software. On my camera, it is able to see my computer name but unable to connect. Iany suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Bluejngrl,

Thanks for posting.

I regret the delay in addressing your inquiry.

If you're still encountering this issue, please let us know which if you're attempting to connect to your computer wirelessly or via your camera's USB terminal.

In addition, please let us know which version of Mac you're using.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm using Mac OS 10.13.4, unable to make a wifi connection, unable to have the camera detected by the system although connected directly via the USB port

App like "photos" (native apple software) or other photo/video software I'm using do not detect any camera

the only way is to use the SD memory card, but would'nt it, on a longer term deteriorate the camera's SD slot ?

connection with a smartphone is working

Hi Doethetniet,

Thanks for posting.

While it's possible that removing your memory card could cause accelerated wear, I'd be more concerned with debris, such as lint, getting into the socket.

For your camera's USB connection:

When connecting your camera to your computer, we recommend the following:

• If your computer is a desktop unit, we recommend selecting a USB terminal on the back of your computer. These terminals normally have a better signal and more power than USB terminals on the front of your computer.
  • If your computer is a laptop, please ensure that it's running on A.C. power.
  • When connecting your computer, we recommend against the use of a USB hub. We recommend connecting your camera's USB cable directly to your computer.

When your camera is connected, as described above, please turn it on, using the Playback button on the back of the camera.

For your camera's Wi-Fi connection:

Before you begin, please ensure the date (including the year), time (24 hour clock), time zone and daylight savings settings are correct and match the settings of the network you're you're using for the connection.

To transfer images to a Mac using Sierra, you must use the Image Sync method for the wireless transfer of images. For a step-by-step guide for this method, please click here. Once on our page, scroll down to "Image Sync Usage and Setting Procedures (Optional)".

File Sharing must be checked. To make sure this is the case, open the Apple Menu, choose "System Preferences" and then, "Sharing". Make sure there's a checkmark in front of "File Sharing".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Richard,
I was indeed already connecting directly (no hub) to my MacBook pro ver 2010, USB, as you sounded convinced that it should work I changed.... THE USB CABLE !!!, now it's working, the one I used I bought it separatly, so I used the one shipped with my GPS reciever, which has a quality that to allow it's periodical data update, and indeed it made the camera accessible under "photo" Mac Software, the first cable is still usable with the GPS item to ensure power supply when connected in my car, but for data sensitivity it's worthless.

Regarding the Wifi connection it does'nt seem that easy and I'm certainly NOT and NEVER using the Cloud, so forget it

Thank you very much for your prompt answer and inspiration

I have the SX280-HS camera.  I use to be able to connect my camera to my MAC desktop via a usb port.  I now have a MacBook Pro laptap and no longer the desktop,  The laptop does not have a USB port, only a usb-c port.  I did try connecting the wire from the camera to a usb to usb-c connector.  The laptop does not recognize the camera so that I can transfer pics from camera to my laptop.  Suggestions?

Jerry

Announcements