cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX730 HS metadata

JudysPod
Apprentice

I have been unable to transfer all the metadata shown in the camera with the image to Adobe Bridge, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Photo or Image Viewer.  Called Canon they said it is a software issue and they aren't aware of any software that will do this.  Has anyone found any software that will get the metadata (especially which mode, ie., Auto, Program, AV, TV, Scene (candlelight))  Thanks,  Judy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Canon's DPP should be able to. The problem is that 3rd party EXIF viewers have to reverse engineer all the settings, and most don't bother, especially for powershots.

eta: The data is there, the 3rd parties just ignore what they don't understand.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Canon's DPP should be able to. The problem is that 3rd party EXIF viewers have to reverse engineer all the settings, and most don't bother, especially for powershots.

eta: The data is there, the 3rd parties just ignore what they don't understand.

Thank you for the info.  I didn't know what dpp was so I googled/canoned it.  It says it is provided with canon EOS cameras.  I tried to download it using my powershot serial # but it wouldn't let me...Any other thoughts?

Got it to download after I corrected my serial # !! Thanks again

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Adobe Lightroom"  ???????

LR does this !

Untitled-1.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

She is looking for particular metadata like the scene mode she was in.

Thanks kvbarkley.  I have tried all the programs I could think of to find more data, I can see it in the camera but it doesn't download anywhere.  BUT.  I did figure out how to input the data manually by using file info in Adobe Bridge where there are several fields where I can manually input the "mode" I used to the IPTC before I delete the images from my camera for my own personal use.   I can't seem to change the exif..but at least this will accomplish what I am trying to do.   This will be as good a way to learn the settings as any so I can figure out how to capture the very best sunset before the sunset appears.  Of all the software I tried, Adobe Bridge imports the most info from my camera.  Again.  Thanks.

Announcements