cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX710 HS wi-fi connection problem

RobK
Apprentice

Hi:  I am unable to pair up the camera connection with my computer.  I get to the stage where both the camera wi-fi and the computer (add a device) are searching but the camera disconnects before I can register the camera to the computer.  Any suggestions? Thanks.   Rob

50 REPLIES 50

I can answer my own question.  

I ended up deleting the camera in Devices and Printers.

Went back and used Add a Device. It discovered the camera, added the drivers (again) and voila. I was able to transfer a photo via wifi.

sleepygrumpydoc
Apprentice

well i was hopeful after reading the wonderful comment about eh customer service help that my issues with connecting by wifi would be resolved. I would say my experiecne was less than helpful. I was told to stand closer to the router and if that didnt work to contact my internet provider. really. My printer has no trouble with the wifi connection. I doubt the issue is my internet service. very frustrated and wish I had not bought this product. looks like ill end up purchasing a cord and basically should have just kept my old camera. to bad I cant return it.

If you are running Windows 10, try this:

• Click on Start and search for "services.msc" and click on it once it appears.

• Scroll down to "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" and right click, the select "Properties"

• Click on "Log On' tab up top.

• Select "Local System account" button and put a check in the check box labeled "Allow service to interact with desktop"

• Finally, click on "Apply" or "OK" and that's it. 

Also read my previous post if you still have problems

sleepygrumpydoc
Apprentice
That was very helpful. I was able to at least get the camera to find my computer but still can't get the picture to show up in my computer . My husban was frustrate enough he went out and bought a cord to directly link but it the device doesn't even show up to pull the pictures off of.. At this point I just want my pictures off and to get rid of this camera. I guess I'll be going to the store tomorrow.

@sleepygrumpydoc wrote:
That was very helpful. I was able to at least get the camera to find my computer but still can't get the picture to show up in my computer . My husban was frustrate enough he went out and bought a cord to directly link but it the device doesn't even show up to pull the pictures off of.. At this point I just want my pictures off and to get rid of this camera. I guess I'll be going to the store tomorrow.

If you downloaded the programs correctly, you should have something called "Camera Window."  When your camera is connected, go to that program and open it. That's where your pictures will show up.

Does your computer have an SD card reader? Most computers made in the last 6-8 years have an SD slot It's a lot easier to take out the SD card and plug it into the computer and open it up in Windows Explorer than it is to use a cord. 

sleepygrumpydoc
Apprentice
I'll have to try this again and see as they wont take the camera back. I've downloaded the program many times but can never find it on the computer. I was trying to copy and paste pictures from opening as an external device like I always have.

@sleepygrumpydoc wrote:
I'll have to try this again and see as they wont take the camera back. I've downloaded the program many times but can never find it on the computer. I was trying to copy and paste pictures from opening as an external device like I always have.

It should be in a folder "Canon Untilities" in "All Programs"  It's called Camera Window. Make a shortcut to your desktop to find it easier next time.

First, grumpy, check what your internet browser does with files it downloads. Look in the browser's Options.

Whatever it is, change it to 'ask you every time you download' so that you can choose where you want downloading files to land.

For the time being, I suggest you choose Desktop - your main screen with all the icons - to put the Canon setup download.

Then double-click the new setup icon on your desktop to install the Canon programs. As Wm says, they'll then be in your Start menu list under All Programs, Canon Utilities; choose Canon Window to fire up. You'll probably have to tell Canon Window where you want your pictures; choose a folder.

I'll assume you have Bluetooth active/on and waiting on your computer.

Then start Bluetooth on your camera. A connection should be established, and your photos will begin transferring automatically.It's never as fast as a wired connection, but that's wireless... Man Indifferent

Over time, it'll detect what ones are already on the computer and upload only new ones.

HTH

BTW, blueribb's hint on WMP helped here. Gave him 'Kudos'. Thx.

BTW2, I HIGHLY recommend the free 'Windows Live Photo Gallery' program to manage your pictures/photos.

Turn on, tick, all File, Options.

Available free from Msft.

Ardwych

Seau 26Jun16

jeballa
Apprentice

I am able to log on to our network but the camera defaults to my wife's computer which we also have on the network.

I have a Dell PC running Windows 10.  

I am unabe to connect with my computer on the network.

@jeballa wrote:

I am able to log on to our network but the camera defaults to my wife's computer which we also have on the network.

I have a Dell PC running Windows 10.  

I am unabe to connect with my computer on the network.

Have you tried going into your Dell and using "add a device"?

Announcements