06-07-2015 10:24 AM
Hi: I am unable to pair up the camera connection with my computer. I get to the stage where both the camera wi-fi and the computer (add a device) are searching but the camera disconnects before I can register the camera to the computer. Any suggestions? Thanks. Rob
06-07-2015 10:35 AM
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (Windows or Mac OS X, and which version). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
Thanks and have a great day!
06-10-2015 06:33 PM
IMPORTANTThe position and shape of the operation buttons, screens displayed, and setting items may differ depending on the model you use.
Step 1: Preparing necessary items
- A router is a device that creates a network (LAN) structure for connecting multiple computers. A router that contains an internal Wi-Fi function is called a "Wi-Fi router".
- This page will refer to all Wi-Fi routers and base stations as "access points".
- When unsure of your computer setup, refer to the user manual provided with the computer.
Step 2: Setting up the computer (Windows only)
Windows 7 users, proceed to 2A: Windows 7
2A: Windows 7
Please proceed to Step 3: Connecting the camera to a computer.
Step 3: Connecting the camera to the computer
NOTEWhen setting up Wi-Fi for the first time, the camera nickname registration screen will be displayed.This nickname will be displayed on the screen of target devices when connecting to other devices via Wi-Fi.Press the [ ] button to display the keyboard, and use it to enter a nickname for the camera.*You can change the device nickname (display name) that is displayed on the camera. To change the nickname, press the [ ] button and use the keyboard displayed to enter a new nickname.
NOTEOnce a computer is added, the computer name will be displayed on the screen in 4. To connect to a computer again, simply choose the computer name from the list.
- WPS makes it easy to complete settings when connecting devices over Wi-Fi. You can use either Push Button Configuration Method or PIN Method for settings on a WPS supported device. The push button configuration method is used in the following explanation.
- Refer to the user guide provided with your access point to check if it supports WPS.
5AConnecting to WPS-Compatible Access Points.
5A-4. When a connectible device is found, a screen like the one below will appear.
For Windows users, when connecting your camera to your computer wirelessly for the first time, the display will not change during connection.
06-10-2015 06:34 PM
Please proceed to 6. Driver Installation.
5BConnecting to Access Points in the List
NOTE5B-2. Press the [ ], [ ] buttons to choose a network (access point), and then press the [ ] button.
- Password (encryption key / network key)-The key used when encrypting data during wireless transmission. Also called the "encryption key" or "network key".
6. Driver Installation (Windows Only)
Windows 7 users: Please proceed to 7A: Windows 7.
7A-2. After driver installation is complete, and the camera and computer connection is enabled, the AutoPlay screen will be displayed.
Nothing will be displayed on the camera screen.
Click [Download Images From Canon Camera].
Step 4: Sending images to the computer
- CameraWindow default settings will save images to the Pictures or My Pictures folders on a computer.
- Movies will take longer to import since the file size is larger than still images.
- To disconnect from the camera, turn off the camera.
11-18-2015 07:03 PM
I have the same problem.
Am using Windows 10 but thr camera deisconnects as i try to install the driver. therefore the device has a driver error.
I am frustrated
12-09-2015 11:30 AM
I have a similar problem with my Powershot SX530 HS and Windows 10. After installing the necessary software and completing the Wifi Connection setup, at first the device would show up on the camera and say "Connected device" with the loading circle but would never finish the connection. Now the camera cannot even see the device on any wireless network.
Any help would be appreciated.
12-10-2015 04:10 PM
12-27-2015 03:32 AM
Could you guys give some help, It's possible to connect my camera with my windows10. I can transfer pictures between my camera and my mobile, but, I can't connect with my PC.
HS 530 HS. Is it work? I already executed all steps from the manual, but, still not working.
12-30-2015 02:15 PM
This response is merely a repeat of the instructions that can be found in the manual. As such it does not address the problem that a vast number of users are having. The customers must be advised what steps they must take when the instructions in the manual do not work, no point at all in simply repeating the instructions.