cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX620 HS SD Card Problem

jbell
Apprentice

We just bought this camera for our son who is in France he removed the card to transfer pictures to his tablet and when he put the card into the tablet all the pictures were gone.. We are unsure what to do. He put the card back into the camera to see if the pictures were still on the card and he had nothing. How can he recover the images that were on the card and how can he prevent this from happening again. Thanks for any help. 

8 REPLIES 8

Janland
Apprentice

My powershot SX60 started giving me 'card error' messages...I have programed the cards in the camera and tried a new SD card...only able to take 6 to 8 pics and the message returns! Can anyone help?

@Janland wrote:

My powershot SX60 started giving me 'card error' messages...I have programed the cards in the camera and tried a new SD card...only able to take 6 to 8 pics and the message returns! Can anyone help?

What brand and model SD card?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi  waddizzle...I have tried 3 cards...Canon SD 32GB, Transcend SdHC 300X 32GB...both that I have used for over a year with No problems. Also tried a New Lexar Pro 16GB...same message appears after 6 to 8 shots. Shooting now in jpeg only not raw.

I have reset the camera back to original (Canon) settings and will see what happens out today. Hope this works as I leave on a trip this weekend and really need This camera working! Any ideas or comments teuely appreciated! Thanks!

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@jbell wrote:

We just bought this camera for our son who is in France he removed the card to transfer pictures to his tablet and when he put the card into the tablet all the pictures were gone.. We are unsure what to do. He put the card back into the camera to see if the pictures were still on the card and he had nothing. How can he recover the images that were on the card and how can he prevent this from happening again. Thanks for any help. 

It is impossible to say what the problem is.  Try a new card.  Select a brand name card, 32 GB, not too large.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jbell,

Thanks for posting.

If images have been accidently deleted from the computer and/or the camera's memory card (or have become corrupt), third party data recovery software or data recovery companies may be able to retrieve the images. Canon does not bundle any type of image recovery software with our products. We would suggest contacting your computer or memory card manufacturers for possible suggestions and/or perform a web search for data/image recovery.

Once you've recovered your images, I recommend formatting your memory card, using the low-level option, in your camera.  For a step-by-step guide for this process, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, the card may be the problem. For the lost images, you could try some photo recovery software to get them back. 

[link removed per forum guidelines]

DeesCT
Contributor

I hope this is of some help....I'm running Windows 10.  I insert the Card into the computer and use File Explorer to see the pictures which are in separate folders on the SD Card.  I then save them to my computer. 

Albert1
Apprentice

The problem is your son don't remove safely SD card from a camera. you can try data recovery software which can recover your data from SD card.

Announcements