cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX620 HS Dark Pictures

mgratton
Contributor

When pressing the shutter half way, the picture goes dark and the result is a dark picture.

The camera is only a few months old and got use very little.

I send the camera for repairs and it came back as *passed all tests, no errors*.

I still get a dark picture even after a Reset All; I only use it on AUTO.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

First reset the camera then turn off, then  turn on again.

Use P mode, At the menu of MF peaking settings, use peaking on, level high, select color yellow.

The ISO is auto, you will see a brighter LCD display of still photo.

I returned the camera to Canon Canada and a replacement was provided.

It is working flawlessly, as opposed to the returned camera.

Service at Canon Canada is exemplary; keep up the good work!

LillianV
Apprentice
Hi - My little SH620 HS just started doing the same thing on occasion. Did you ever find a solution, or did you determine something wrong with the camera? I have only had mine for 5 months or so, and have only noticed the problem the past 2 weeks.

Have you made any reseting from menu?

What settings/mode you make changes when the dark pictures occur?

It seems to me that it is almost like somehow the camera is switching to a flash mode (even under bright daylight) and "auto setting" as if a flash is expected.  Has happened in every mode, with and without flash.  Sometimes occurs sequentially as photos are taken (ie one is taken with correct settings, the very next one is dark - no camera shut down or changes between).  Have not tried to reset anything, as I am not sure how to do that, but have not tinkered with the default settings that came with the camera a few months ago.

You can off the flash by pressing the round dial that shows  like a lightning flash in the right side maybe.

At shooting mode press the menu button and select like tool or a wrench and navigate to select reset and follow what it says.

Everytime you switch mode, the settings is carried to the other mode, so you need to reset if photo is different from what is expected. Play the camera until you know all the functions.

Announcements