cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX60HS and Northerlights

davidhsherman13
Apprentice

I am thinking about goind to take pictures of the NortherLights with a Canon Powershot SX60 HS. The settings that should work are Manual Mode, Aperture of 3.4 (the losest possifble), ISO from 800 to 3200, delay timing of 15 to 32 seconds. Has anyone been to see the Northern lIghts recently with a Powershot SX60HS? Are these the correct settings? Did they work for you. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

cicopo
Elite

Since no one has answered & although I once lived where they were a common sight I myself would need to find a guide to get started & looked for one. This looks informative enough to get you started but like any new venue trial & error will be needed for fine tuning your settings on the fly. 

https://www.davemorrowphotography.com/2014/10/how-to-photograph-northern-lights.html

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

We are going on a tour. The tour company knows nothing about the Powershot Sx60 HS. This camera has all the setings needed for northernlight photography but no one has used this camera in the trips we have taken with them..

Thanks for the link. It looks interesting.

Announcements