cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX60 has output softened automatically

Bobbybalmaniyil
Apprentice
Hi all Has anyone seen cases of picture output softened (kind of soft focus, or slightly smoked) from canon SX60. This is the case with even the first picture taken with the camera
4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi Bobby and welcome to the forum.

I am curious at what size you are viewing the pictures and what the setting for ISO were for the images you refer to.  It might even be a good idea to post one of them so we can see the effect for ourselves.   The SX60 has a very small sensor and needs plenty of light to avoid having noise - which I have seen described as a smokey effect on occasion.

I have got the SX60 and have not exprerienced such an issue, but that said I am selective about when I use that camera.

cheers:  Trevor

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Does the SX60 have some sort of a menu of "Creative" settings? I've seen on some models a "Soft Focus" setting that's intended to be used for portrait shooting that reduces sharpness and softens textures and details and makes skin tones look smoother. Perhaps this setting has been accidently enabled on your camera.

@BurnUnit wrote:

Does the SX60 have some sort of a menu of "Creative" settings? I've seen on some models a "Soft Focus" setting that's intended to be used for portrait shooting that reduces sharpness and softens textures and details and makes skin tones look smoother. Perhaps this setting has been accidently enabled on your camera.

I finally got to my SX60 (we're moving!), and it does have a portrait mode which, as you correctly suggested and if it is active it will definitely have and impact on the image sharpness.   THe OP should review the manual P59.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Post a sample photo. What shooting mode are you using?
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements