cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX530 will not connect to new iPhone

Angie1a1
Apprentice
When I purchased the phone, I downloaded the app and connected it to my phone with ease. However, I dropped my phone and purchased a new phone but the camera refuses to connect to the new phone. It’s still connected to the old phone but the phone needs to be thrown away. How I can connect the camera toy new phone?

(I’ve tried on a tablet and on my husband’s phone but the SX530 is hooked onto my old phone)
1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Angie1a1,

Thank you for posting.

I regret the delay in answering your inquiry.

I recommend erasing the Wi-Fi settings on your camera. This procedure erases all Wi-Fi settings, including those for your home network.

To do this, power your camera on, press the MENU button, then navigate to the Settings (has a wrench & hammer icon) tab. Next, scroll down to "Wi-Fi Settings" and press the FUNC SET button. On the next screen, scroll down to "Reset Settings" and press the FUNC SET button. On the screen that follows, choose "OK", then press FUNC SET, once again.

If continue to encounter difficulty, I recommend contacting our toll-free support team for assistance. You may reach them by calling (800)-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements