cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX530 HS won't stay connected to Camera Connect

del2000
Apprentice

For some apparent reason, after connecting thru Wifi, my Powershot SX530 HS won't stay connected to Camera Connect app in order to download pictures or take pictures.  After a few seconds, it will disconnect me.  I'm using an Iphone 7 Plus with IOS 11.1.  Does the app needs update, is it the camera? or is it the IOS not compatible with the current Camera Connect app?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Del2000,

Thanks for posting.

The Camera Connect app has not been updated for iOS 11+, yet. We hope to have an update for this app, soon.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Del2000,

Thanks for posting.

The Camera Connect app has not been updated for iOS 11+, yet. We hope to have an update for this app, soon.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply!

i have a similar problem. when i'm trying to take a picture or connect to my pc, the display shuts off within approx 20 seconds and i have to start over. it will connect to my wifi network and my pc but then the screen goes black and it disconnects. it has never done that before. is there something i'm doing wrong or is my camera messed up?

Help!

Katrina

Hi Katrina,

Thank you for posting.

When connecting your camera to your computer, the display is designed to darken.

If your camera completely shuts down, there may be an underlying reason, such as a battery, which requires charging or replacement.

For further assistance, please contact our toll-free Technical Support Team. You may reach them by calling 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 9:00 A.M. - 9:00 P.M. ET (excluding holidays).

Announcements