Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Powershot SX510 HS automatically stops recording video after 10 - 15 minutes into the recording.

Powershot SX510 HS automatically stops recording video after 10 - 15 minutes on continuous recording. Is there a way to turn this off? I would like to record videos until either I press the stop recording button, or the battery gets low. I have turned off all the power saving setting, at least I think I have.

Respected Contributor

Re: Powershot SX510 HS automatically stops recording video after 10 - 15 minutes into the recording.

The camera has some recording limitations as all the Canon models do. Below is how you can extend your recording times to a max of about 1 hour but there is a 4BG limit regardless so once it hits 4GB the recording stops and has to be restarted.

Also the memory card needs to be at least a Class 6 rating or the recording will stop sooner regardless of the clip size.

This is from page 161 of your manual

Capture.JPG

Occasional Contributor

Re: Powershot SX510 HS automatically stops recording video after 10 - 15 minutes into the recording.

Thank you that clears up a lot. I am reaching the 4GB limit. I did find it in the manually exactly where you said it was. Thank you again.

Respected Contributor

Your welcome !