cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX510 HS automatically stops recording video after 10 - 15 minutes into the recording.

Rockd35
Contributor

Powershot SX510 HS automatically stops recording video after 10 - 15 minutes on continuous recording. Is there a way to turn this off? I would like to record videos until either I press the stop recording button, or the battery gets low. I have turned off all the power saving setting, at least I think I have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

The camera has some recording limitations as all the Canon models do. Below is how you can extend your recording times to a max of about 1 hour but there is a 4BG limit regardless so once it hits 4GB the recording stops and has to be restarted.

Also the memory card needs to be at least a Class 6 rating or the recording will stop sooner regardless of the clip size.

This is from page 161 of your manual

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

The camera has some recording limitations as all the Canon models do. Below is how you can extend your recording times to a max of about 1 hour but there is a 4BG limit regardless so once it hits 4GB the recording stops and has to be restarted.

Also the memory card needs to be at least a Class 6 rating or the recording will stop sooner regardless of the clip size.

This is from page 161 of your manual

Capture.JPG

Thank you that clears up a lot. I am reaching the 4GB limit. I did find it in the manually exactly where you said it was. Thank you again.

Your welcome !

Announcements