Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Powershot SX510 HS Date/Time error when trying to update for the new servlce.

Everyting was working fine up until the service was cancelled.  I was using the Image Transfer to transfer images to my PC via WiFI.  Now it does not work at all.  I read somwhere that I needed to update in the transfer menu on the phone.  When I try to do that, I continuously get a SET DATE/TIME message.  I have set and reset the date/time and the does not help at all.  Please help me get the ability to transfer images to my PC via WiFi.  It is literally the reason I purchased this camera.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Powershot SX510 HS Date/Time error when trying to update for the new servlce.

Bump for a an answer...

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Powershot SX510 HS Date/Time error when trying to update for the new servlce.

Hello... Canon... still looking for an answer.  It is a shame that you are not even bothing to reply in any fashion.  There are a lot of us on here that need a solution to this.  I hope your silence means that you are diligently working on this.

Highlighted
Product Expert
Product Expert

skier150, 

I understand you are seeking support for your PowerShot SX510 HS. At this time there is no online support for this product.  For support on this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tim wrote:

skier150, 

I understand you are seeking support for your PowerShot SX510 HS. At this time there is no online support for this product.  For support on this product, please call 1-800-652-2666 and follow the prompts for Technical Support. Agents are available during the following times. All times EST, excluding holidays.

Cameras - PowerShot -- 1-800-652-2666 Monday-Friday: 9:00 am to 9:00 pm

So I can pay $15.00 for you guys to tell me that you don't support my camera?  This is not online support, it is community support.  There are TONS of people on here looking for a solution for this mess that you created, and it is not limited to the SX510.  Take a look at the reviews on the app that you created and you will also see many people that are frustrated with this mess.  This is completely unacceptable.  I have several Canon cameras, a Canon printer, and  Canon scanner, but if this is the direction Canon is heading, there will be no future purchases.  The way this mess has been handled since 3/31 is beyond unprofessional.  If Canon did this to try and force people to buy a new device, it is backfiring big-time. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Looking for a new brand of camera now, one that has supports WiFi from a manufacturer that does not scew its loyal customers.  Once my Canon printer and scanner die, I will be moving to other brands as well.  Plain and simple and to the point... you SUCK Canon!!