cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX50HS the screen doesn't work except when in the custom 1 and 2 settings

dustin
Contributor

screen doesnt work except in custom 1 & 2 settings.  As I turn the dial the next setting appears on the screen but goes black as soon as it fully is in the new setting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

Does it come back on when you press the display button?

You can try doing a reset back to defaults thru the settings menu also

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

John_
Authority

Does it come back on when you press the display button?

You can try doing a reset back to defaults thru the settings menu also

The display button puts info on my little viewfinder screen but my large display is still black.

Sorry, i couldn't find a reset? Maybe I am not looking right. Can you walk me thru it. 

Wish I could find my manual 

I found the reset but it is not giving me that choice. Ithe is not lit up so I can't highlight it. I just scroll past it

The large screen does work to review pictures taken, just not when taking pictures except in custom 1&2. Weird

dustin
Contributor
Yeah!!!!! Was able to get to reset by going to view my pictures (which worked on the screen) then into menu. It worked!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

dustin
Contributor
Thank you

LOL!!

Your very welcome enjoy the camera I have 2 SX50HS's !!

dustin
Contributor
I really like it-it's just way smarter than I am. So many things it will do that I won't ever figure out. But that's ok- it does a great job at what I have figured out!!

Yes I hear you it's a very smart camera indeed...make the user manual your best friend and I found a pro photograper who has free online tutorials on all aspects of shooting and the best part is he uses the SX50HS in all of them so they are very useful.

Ive included a link to them

Best of luck to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzokasX1ILA

Announcements