cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX500 IS as a webcam [Request]

dislorth
Apprentice

Hi guys.

I would like to make a request for Canon to add support for using Powershot SX500 IS as a webcam with EOS Webcam Utility.
Can it be possible?

I would love using myPowershot SX500 IS as a webcam Smiley Very Happy

Thank you in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have you tried to use it with the webcam utility?  Some have reported success even with non-supported camera's.  

If it doesn't work:

While the forums are moderated, the developers don't see these types of requests.  I would suggest calling Canon to register your feature request.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi shadowsports, I have installed already webcam utility for Powershot SX70 HS but it doesn't work 😞
Should I try downloading the ones for PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III to try? Or is it the same for each one?

@dislorth wrote:

Hi shadowsports, I have installed already webcam utility for Powershot SX70 HS but it doesn't work 😞
Should I try downloading the ones for PowerShot G5 X Mark II and PowerShot G7 X Mark III to try? Or is it the same for each one?

All of the different versions seem identical.  Do you have the regular EOS Utility installed, too?  The Webcam Utility seems to need for it to be installed on the computer system.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Hi Waddizzle
Where can I find the regular EOS Utility driver? 
first I went here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/eos-webcam-utility then I chose POWERSHOT CAMERAS, then I chose PowerShot SX70 HS and dowloaded driver from here: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-ca...
Can you please send me the link for dowloading regular ESO Utility?
Thank you in advance. 🙂

Your camera is an older model.  It could or should be able to use the same software as the SX70 HS or the SX540 HS.  If your camera is not capable of recording video, then there slim to none chance of it being able to be used as Webcam with the Canon Utility.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

carlastabile
Apprentice

did you ever managed to do this? I have the same camera 

I also downloaded the same EOS version and it doesn't work 

dislorth
Apprentice
Unfortunately it doesn't work and it seems that it never wont work 😞
Announcements