Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Powershot SX420 IS. Time value/ shutter speed and aperture/f-stop?

Hello. I own a Canon Powershot SX420 IS. Where is the setting for the time value/ shutter speed and the setting for the aperture/f-stop?

VIP

Re: Powershot SX420 IS. Time value/ shutter speed and aperture/f-stop?

[ Edited ]

I am not familiar with your camera.  You can download a copy of the manual from Canon at the following link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

You will need to type your camera's model number in the box, and follow the directions to find your camera's support page.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Powershot SX420 IS. Time value/ shutter speed and aperture/f-stop?

The SX420 IS does not have seperate controls for Manual Mode, Aperture Value, and Time Value. It does have P mode and Live View control, which allows some control when looking at the Live View on the rear display. As for Aperture, the camera will do the selection based on the scene mode selected, same with the shuttter speed.

Steve M.