cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX420 IS. Time value/ shutter speed and aperture/f-stop?

Vladandrei971
Apprentice

Hello. I own a Canon Powershot SX420 IS. Where is the setting for the time value/ shutter speed and the setting for the aperture/f-stop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

smack53
Mentor

The SX420 IS does not have seperate controls for Manual Mode, Aperture Value, and Time Value. It does have P mode and Live View control, which allows some control when looking at the Live View on the rear display. As for Aperture, the camera will do the selection based on the scene mode selected, same with the shuttter speed.

Steve M.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I am not familiar with your camera.  You can download a copy of the manual from Canon at the following link.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support

You will need to type your camera's model number in the box, and follow the directions to find your camera's support page.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

smack53
Mentor

The SX420 IS does not have seperate controls for Manual Mode, Aperture Value, and Time Value. It does have P mode and Live View control, which allows some control when looking at the Live View on the rear display. As for Aperture, the camera will do the selection based on the scene mode selected, same with the shuttter speed.

Steve M.

I have a Canon SX420 IS and I use it to do home inspections.I just purchased this camera but am have isues when i take roof pictures and its sunny outside the pictures come out to bright . Is there any spwcial adjustment I can do since i deal a lot with inspections and my only problem is roof pictures depending on the color of the roof. Darker roof shingle come out ok but britgher roof shingle give me a bright picture with a lot of white.Thanks 

Announcements