Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Powershot SX150 Filter Size

I know this camera has no filter threads, but I was hoping to try a magnetic filter ring.

Does anyone know what size filter it would require it would take?

Regards,

John Bilecky

VIP

Re: Powershot SX150 Filter Size

I do not recommend trying that.  The added.weidght on the lens would only have a negative impact on the zooming and focusing motors. Besides, image processing in computers has reached the point where filters are almost not needed, at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't considered the weight issue. I don't know how significant it would be, but why chance it.

Reputable Contributor

It's probably just me, but does the idea of attaching something magnetic to the front of a digital camera sound like a recipe for disaster, or at least getting some unexpected results or erratic operation? Are most cameras and/or memory cards magnetically shielded, or are they largely unaffected by most magnetic fields?

Esteemed Contributor

Largely unaffected. Most Semiconductor based memory could care less about magnetic fields. I am not sure about FRAM.