cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX 530 HS. memory card error

Fabio77
Apprentice

Honestly you guys I have tried everything and its not to do with the SD card because I purchased a new one with the specific type. Like it says I get memory card error when camera is inserted.

what I have tried:

formating the sd card via camera format menu says please wait and shuts down problem still there

formating the sd card on the computer problem still there

formating the sd card inside camera usb connection to the computer, can format says complete but (shows the SD card red like if it was full) go to properties and shows used space 0 bytes free space 0 bytes.

anyone know whats going on? I would get a new camera but this one is still one of the best it would be ashame to just throw it away just because of such a silly problem.

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You seem to have tried almost everything except a new memory card.  Buying a new one is cheaper than a new camera.  Besides, if you do need a new camera, then you can use the new card in it.

Make sure that you only use full size SD cards, only use major name brands, and only buy them from a reputable vendor.  Buying discounted memeory cards on Amazon or eBay is highly inadvisable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

hi thank you for your reply, yes I have tried other SD cards my recent one is a sandisk 64gb got another handheld camera so I tried them too any other suggestions?

@Fabio77 wrote:

hi thank you for your reply, yes I have tried other SD cards my recent one is a sandisk 64gb got another handheld camera so I tried them too any other suggestions?

Using a card from another camera is inconclusive.  If the other camera is by another manufacturer, you need to reformat the card.  It is easier to just buy a new card, to have as a spare.  I recommend only FULL size memory cards, with a capacity of 32GB or less,  made by a major manufacturer, bought from a reputable vendor, and formatted in the camera.

okay yes I understand but you have no idea tried most brands out there its weird that as soon as I take out the card it turns off the camera, when I format it or try to format it on the camera it doesn't show the card at all just goes into busy mode and turn off. what brand do you recommend for this camera and size

I like Sandisk Extreme 32 GB.  The SDXC, 64GB and larger, cards seem to slow down the camera.  Try doing a low level format on the card using a computer before you insert the card into the camera.  Also, make sure the camera battery is fully charged, because it could be bad and is causing all of the problems.

Announcements