Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Powershot SX 530 HS - Suddenly getting an 'Incorrect Wi-Fi security settings' error...

when trying to upload photos to my Canon Library or connect to my Kindle Fire Tablet.  I haven't changed anything.  I've tried both rebooting the router (other stuff is working) and re-entering the router PW (multiple times).  Neither helps.  I'm not sure what it suddenly wants different!  Any ideas ??!! One of the things I liked about this camera was the fact that I could send photos to the cloud so easily.  

Help!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Powershot SX 530 HS - Suddenly getting an 'Incorrect Wi-Fi security settings' error...

Check your Wi-Fi hotspot.  Sounds like something is not logging into it properly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Product Expert

Re: Powershot SX 530 HS - Suddenly getting an 'Incorrect Wi-Fi security settings' error...

Hi CanonSX530fan,

Happy New Year, and thank you for posting.

The Kindle Fire is not a supported platform for your camera.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

It used to work fine.  I'd settle for being able to get my photos to the cloud.

New Contributor

I've rebooted the router a couple times.  The computer and my phone are connecting.  I'm not sure what the camera wants ... 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Electronics are such bizarre 'animals'! It was like that for awhile. Within that time period, I also attempted to connect a new Smart Plug. No go! It continued to insist that I had an incorrect PW to the router. Not so! The other day I took some pictures, and just for the heck of it, I tried to upload. It worked!! Then moved to the Smart Plug, that connected right away as well. Go figure?! Guess it's fixed. Smiley Happy