cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot G16 GPS

gavin_wilby
Contributor

Hi,

I have the new G16 and have got it connected via my iPhone to allow it to get GPS data.

I have a questions, how does this actualy work? Does the phone have to be runnign the software at the time the shots are being taken.

Its not clear exactly how the process works!

Gavin.

2 REPLIES 2

hsbn
Whiz
You download/install the CameraWIndow app on your phone, then connect them to the camera. And it should have option for GeoTagging.
However, you can just download any app on your phone to record the GPS track log. Make sure time zone and time on your camera/phone sync with each other. Then you can download the log created by your phone and use free software like Geosetter to sync your images with the log and your images will have GPS data. You can do this with all camera not just the G16.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Hi,

I have installed all the software and it appears to work OK, I just wondered HOW it works.

I assume that the phone needs to be with me all the time, and it takes the time stamps to acsertain were the camera was when the shot was taken?

Does the CameraWindow software have to be running all the time for this to work? Or is the phone logging its GPS data and time all the time.

Gavin.

Announcements