Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Powershot ELPH 360 HS Not connecting to wifi

Every time someone visits my home and wants to use wi fi, I give them the password for the named  wi-fi "wireless access point" device I have sitting on a table and they get onto the internet - without paying anything.  But when I give that password to my new Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS (after it has asked me to enter the password), the camera tries to connect for a while and then I get the message "CONNECTION FAILED." 

Thanks for trying newsense52, but I'm not buying your diagnosis of my problem - it doesn't make sense. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Puzzling question in your situation why not accepted by your wifi provider.

By the way have you installed in your computer the camera window and  and choose add a device in your control panel?

Research more where is the error coming from, wish you luck.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes - I have. installed Camera Window on my PC and I can indeed "add" the camera as a device, but  only when it is USB cable-connected to the PC. The problem (I'm repeating myself)  is that I cannot connect the camera wirelessy using my wifi wireless access point (WAP), because the camera keeps failing to CONNECT wirelessly to the WAP , even though it does "see" the WAP ( I know that because the WAP's name shows up on the camera screen) and even though I HAVE correctly entered my WAP password on the camera.

Thanks for telling me to "research more" where the error is coming from.   The problem is, that's why I came to this forum in the first place - to get help with that research...  

The Canon tech support person  I spoke with on thephone was not able to say what I need to do in my Windows 10 settings blah , blah to solve this problem - so like I said in my first post - thanks Microsoft and Canon for working so well together...

Seems to me this is Canon's problem - the tech support person told me many  Canon owners are having my problem if they have Windows 10 on their PC - so I'm hoping somebody from CANON is reading these messages and rattling the CANON corporate cage appropriately  

Thanks for letting me vent.