cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot ELPH 360 HS Not connecting to wifi

Sapphire
Apprentice

Trying to get my new camera to connect to our wifi. We have done everything cannon has told us to but each time we try to connect to our router and put in our password (which we know is correct) it searches for a few seconds then tells us the connection failed. We have been at this all night and have become VERY frustrated. Any help is appreciated (because we have tried everything we have come across in our searching for help)  My computer is a PC OS Windows 10, I have also already downloaded the cannon utilties and gone into the wifi connection setup.

13 REPLIES 13

Every time someone visits my home and wants to use wi fi, I give them the password for the named  wi-fi "wireless access point" device I have sitting on a table and they get onto the internet - without paying anything.  But when I give that password to my new Canon Powershot ELPH 360 HS (after it has asked me to enter the password), the camera tries to connect for a while and then I get the message "CONNECTION FAILED." 

Thanks for trying newsense52, but I'm not buying your diagnosis of my problem - it doesn't make sense. 

Puzzling question in your situation why not accepted by your wifi provider.

By the way have you installed in your computer the camera window and  and choose add a device in your control panel?

Research more where is the error coming from, wish you luck.

Yes - I have. installed Camera Window on my PC and I can indeed "add" the camera as a device, but  only when it is USB cable-connected to the PC. The problem (I'm repeating myself)  is that I cannot connect the camera wirelessy using my wifi wireless access point (WAP), because the camera keeps failing to CONNECT wirelessly to the WAP , even though it does "see" the WAP ( I know that because the WAP's name shows up on the camera screen) and even though I HAVE correctly entered my WAP password on the camera.

Thanks for telling me to "research more" where the error is coming from.   The problem is, that's why I came to this forum in the first place - to get help with that research...  

The Canon tech support person  I spoke with on thephone was not able to say what I need to do in my Windows 10 settings blah , blah to solve this problem - so like I said in my first post - thanks Microsoft and Canon for working so well together...

Seems to me this is Canon's problem - the tech support person told me many  Canon owners are having my problem if they have Windows 10 on their PC - so I'm hoping somebody from CANON is reading these messages and rattling the CANON corporate cage appropriately  

Thanks for letting me vent.  

suebobb
Apprentice

Win 10 updated June 27, 2021.

Norton Anti-Virus.

ELPH 360 HS.

Start, Canon Utilities, Wi-Fi Connection Setup.

I had to add a new device to the camera.  Now Wi-Fi camera-to-PC works, Zoom Browser pops up ;-).

Cheers,

Announcements