cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot A4000 IS AE Lock and AF Lock

boltcapt
Apprentice

I am contemplating purchase of this model and have a specific need that I need to make sure of. I have read the manual, but need to confiorm the following: On this model, when you manually set and lock exposure and focus, are the settings retained for multiple shots until manually turned off or are these locks automatically turned off at the end of each shot?

Thanks,

Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I understand better. Yes, they are persistent when you activate the lock function.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Pg 85 and 95. Locked only while shutter is depressed halfway. Once you release shutter lock is cleared. You want this behavior.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thank you for your response. I may not have been clear enough in my question or given enough information about my application.

Page 91 of the manual decribes how to set AE Lock for a fixed exposure. The description of this feature implies that the setting will be retained for multiple shots. 

Page 105 of the manual describes how to set AF Lock to lock a fixed focus. The description of this feature also implies that the setting will be retained for multiple shots.

I do want thes locking behaviors to be persistant. I will be taking multiple shot panorama and stitching the photos together into a much larger scene. Different exposure and focus settings will result in a "patchwork" looking stitched together scene.

I'll probably have to get hands-on with one of these to determine the actual behavior.

Thanks

I understand better. Yes, they are persistent when you activate the lock function.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Thanks again for your response. That helps a lot.

Greg

Announcements