cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX710 HS - Can't find MacBook Pro on Wifi

Isambard
Apprentice

I am new to this community so I trust I am posting this on the correct forum page.

I have followied the camera manual instructions to the letter (several times) to connect by wifi to my MacBook Pro (running 10.12.6 Sierra) but my camera simply fails to 'see' or 'find' my Mac. The camera connects successfully to my home Wifi with WPS and I get to the point of 'add a device' but searching just times out without finding my Mac.

I have read elsewhere that this is an ongoing issue with other models of PowerShot and recent MacOS. Canon technicians were working on this but I can only assume the problem has not been fixed and it remains an issue with the SX710. Is that correct? 

If so - and as others have posted elsewhere - this is a very poor situation. I can upload photos by transferring the SD card to my MacBook and I assume I can also work around using a USB cable (although I have yet to try that) but that is hardly the point. One of the appealling features of this camera was the Wifi transfer which clearly has no prospect of working and is falsely described in the specification.

I have yet to follow up Image Sync, so I don't know if that is a solution. Following a link from elsewhere I get directed to a page that is closed. I try to log in (as suggested) with my Canon ID but fails to recognise my account details. But, that's a separate issue. Again, very unsatisfactory.

Any help on this would be much appreciated. With thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Isambard,

Thanks for posting.

To wirelessly transfer images to computers using Sierra, you'll need to use the Image Sync method. For step-by-step directions, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements