cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX60 HS - Question

Mitchl33
Apprentice

I have limited experince in photography and digital cameras.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

I just bought a barely used SX60 and I am still learning the operations.  I bought it because of the reviews and the zoom capabilities.  And I like it, I just need to learn all of the features and options.  However, there is one feature that is annoying and I cannot figure out how to disable it (I have searched this forum and the web.)

Upon pressing the shutter button and taking a picture, the camera automatically displays the picture just taken.  Can this Playback after each press of the shutter button be disabled?  Currently, you have to depress the shutter button halfway to get the Playback to disappear to view what's in the view finder.  Therefore you cannot quickly take another picture of what is in the view finder.  ( I hope my explanation is good. Smiley Happy)

Thanks,

Mitch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LarryB34695
Contributor

I don't know why people are giving you misinformation.  What you ask for is simple.

1.  Go to the Menu (while in picture taking mode). 

2.  Choose the "Camera" tab (the first, default tab).

3,  Scroll down to "Review image after shooting..." and select with "Set" button

4.  Change the "Display Time" setting to "Off" (by using the left/right buttons)

That's all you need to do.  Exit the Menu, and it will not show the pic you just took.

You can easily download the complete manual for the camera, and without it you will never know what you can and cannot do with this rather complictaed camera.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Usually there is a setting to set the amount of playback time, but I don't know if it can go to zero.

Can it be disabled, no playback automatically after each shoot?  

John_
Authority

The fastest setting is Quick display which is what you described...you have to press the shutter button halfway to remove the image

Incorrect. Fastest setting is "Off"

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Also, point-n-shoots are not known for being snappy. If you really want quick shoot-recompose-shoot response you need a DSLR like a Rebel, or one of the mirrorless cousins - an M series or R series.

So your suggestion to this novice is to tell him that he has a lousy, slow, inadequate camera? Nice job!

@LarryB34695 wrote:
So your suggestion to this novice is to tell him that he has a lousy, slow, inadequate camera? Nice job!

I was merely pointing out that if shutter responsiveness and quick recompose and shoot were required, there were better options.

Note that my first advice was correct, though not as detailed as yours.

LarryB34695
Contributor

I don't know why people are giving you misinformation.  What you ask for is simple.

1.  Go to the Menu (while in picture taking mode). 

2.  Choose the "Camera" tab (the first, default tab).

3,  Scroll down to "Review image after shooting..." and select with "Set" button

4.  Change the "Display Time" setting to "Off" (by using the left/right buttons)

That's all you need to do.  Exit the Menu, and it will not show the pic you just took.

You can easily download the complete manual for the camera, and without it you will never know what you can and cannot do with this rather complictaed camera.

LarryB - Thanks for the info, that was exactly what I needed.

As far as the manual, I have downloaded it and I have been trying to learn the key features I understand.  I am old enough to where I read about a feature or two and then go try it out to inprint it in my brain Smiley Very Happy

However, the review of the image after shooting was making it painful.

Thanks for everyone's input and I have found a new community to follow and learn from.

Mitch

Announcements